6 Things You Should Know In How To Clean In Your Home – Cleaning the house is a chore to some, while most people enjoy doing so. But what is the secret to finding satisfaction in cleaning? It can be fun when you use enjoyable methods and constantly keep cleaning.
Here are many ways why you should clean your home more often than not, and here are a few reasons.
6 Things You Should Know In How To Clean In Your Home
- Dust accumulates pretty quickly if you don’t make an effort to clean your home regularly. You will start seeing cobwebs and molds growing in the edges of your ceilings and walls, which is not a favorable living environment.
- The moment you stop cleaning for a day or two, you’ll quickly notice a more difficult time cleaning the house. When you constantly clean your home, you won’t have to clean so much dust and dirt where you’ll eventually feel exhausted and feel like it’s a chore.
- If you have kids around, it will be detrimental to their health when they have dust and dirt all over the place. It’s tough when you have an elderly living inside your home, harming their internal systems as they grow older.
Also, it’s always good to clean the house because it’s the very place you live in. But, at the very least, it’s yourself who’s doing you a favor too, and a dirty house only makes things complicated for everyone, so start cleaning and read these few home cleaning tips to prepare you for your next cleanup session.
Where to start when cleaning the home
There’s a standard rule when cleaning the house that you should start vertically. This means that you should start from the top to the bottom so all the dirt will land on the floor in time for sweeping.
In terms of rooms, start with the dirtiest room to the cleanest room before cleaning. This is because you want to handle the most challenging task first, so the remaining spaces you need to clean will become easier to fix once you’re done with the room with a lot of mess.
Usually, the dirtiest rooms are the ones that have water or drainage in them. Therefore, you should start with the kitchen or bathroom first, then lead towards the bedroom and the outdoors like the garage or the garden.
However, this depends entirely on you and whichever room is the most convenient for you. If you want to start cleaning in the kitchen, then that’s completely fine. It’s great to do a routine that you’re most comfortable with so you can work with efficiency.
Starting with the dirtiest: The bathrooms
There is not a single person in this world who wants to clean bathrooms, or at the very least, would rather clean the bathroom than any other room in the house. So while some people get the pleasure of cleaning their toilets, for the most part, it’s something to avoid.
Here are the steps and tips in cleaning your toilet:
- Rinse everything with water first. You want everything to be wet, so the application of soap and other toilet cleaning products becomes more accessible.
- When applying cleaning products, it’s best to be minimal to save the content inside. It’s also unnecessary to devote so much liquid detergent on the floor or inside the toilet because most instructions would tell you that you need to apply only a tiny amount.
- When scrubbing, it’s essential to have a long-handled scrub so that you won’t touch the icky stuff inside your bathroom. Also, wearing protective gear like gloves and masks is highly recommended. The gloves part is prominent, but the mask will help you not inhale the harmful chemicals used in cleaning your toilet correctly.
Furthermore, you don’t need to clean with heavy equipment like most people, but extra work will have to be done for you to get to the bottom of the barrel in clearing off some of the most disgusting substances found in the bathroom.
The kitchen: Cleaning the dishwasher
Another problematic room to clean is the kitchen. The kitchen is difficult to clean because food wastes and the dishes make up the entirety of your cleaning session. To properly clean your kitchen, here are some of the things you need to know and do:
- Always start with the dishes first. Stacked dishes are arguably the most taxing part to clean because you’ll be standing there and scrubbing off the complex parts when you cook rough meats like beef.
It’s also challenging to clean saucepans properly because they’re so big and barely cover the whole sink. Do this first, and you’ll thank yourself later.
- Don’t mop the floor first. It’s always better to start vertically so all the dirt on the tables and sink are taken care of so you can sweep and mop them later.
- If your kitchen is carpeted, you can vacuum, but make sure to do this after all the tables, sink, and burners are cleaned first.
Cleaning the kitchen is a difficult task, and starting here will give you a cleaning progression that will get easier as you go to the other areas of your home.
How to clean an oven?
Part of the kitchen, if you love to bake, is a great oven. However, cleaning the oven after baking the most delicious meals will be a challenge, and here are the best ways to clean it:
- First things first, don’t plug in your oven. It’s difficult enough to clean it in and of itself, but you should always prioritize your safety because a plugged-in range will risk shortages when applying water inside it.
- Use natural ingredients straight out of your kitchen, like baking soda and water. This way, it eliminates germs without harmful chemicals that stick inside your oven, which can become detrimental to your and your family’s health.
- Don’t forget to cover your oven in cleaning paste as a substitute for detergents. Cleaning pastes are great for the metal that comprises the entire range.
- When covering your oven with cleaning paste and baking soda, please leave it to rest overnight first. Allow it to consume all the dirt and germs inside the range, so you’ll end up with cleaner kitchen equipment.
- Take the oven racks off and dishwasher them. It’s easier to do this instead of cleaning it manually with a wipe and a liquid detergent.
How to clean the washing machine?
For laundry purposes, it’s also essential to clean the very equipment that cleans your clothes. To do efficient work in doing laundry, here is how you can clean your washing machine:
- Get the necessary supplies to clean your laundry like distilled vinegar, baking soda, a spray bottle, a toothbrush, and a microfiber cloth.
- A washing machine will have a washer drum where you can spray the white vinegar on. The vinegar will kill the germs that plague your washer, so your clothes won’t have to catch the grime and dirt.
- Wipe the interiors of the washing machine with a microfiber cloth. Spray with baking soda water to make it extra clean as well.
- Add water inside the washing machine and turn it on to self-clean after wiping the insides and the drum with vinegar and baking soda.
How to clean the mattress
When cleaning your mattress, it’s essential to know what type of upholstery your bed is sporting. Nevertheless, here are the different ways to clean your mattress:
- Tuck out the sheets, including the pillowcases, and throw them inside your laundry basket.
- If you are sporting a large mattress, make sure to find many washing machines to clean it.
- Most of the time, a mattress is covered in layers of sheets, so you’re better off vacuuming your mattress while throwing your sheets in the washing machine and dryer.
How to clean the microwave
If you use a microwave at home, it must be clean if you put food inside it. The microwave is prone to getting dirty because most people don’t cover their food. Here are a few tips for cleaning it:
- Make sure you turn off the microwave first before cleaning.
- Once that’s done, ensure that you use natural ingredients like baking soda and vinegar when wiping the insides. Anything food-related should never touch a chemically induced detergent.
- When using the microwave again, try turning it on for about 1 minute for one final cleanup by destroying all the germs with radiation. This way, you can feel safe using it again for your ready-to-cook meals!
How to clean a quartz countertop
As you close the cleaning routine, it’s now time to wash your quartz countertop. Here is the best way to clean it:
- Get a liquid detergent and a microfiber cloth.
- Apply gentle amounts of the liquid detergent and disperse throughout the surface of the countertop.
- When doing this, make sure not to have any objects on top of it so you’ll cover all areas.
- Rinse with room temperature water.
- Leave the countertop for 24 hours so the chemicals will have a more extended period of killing the germs that plague the countertop.
6 Things You Should Know In How To Clean In Your Home – Conclusion
Now that we’ve come to the end, we hope you enjoyed and learned something from this article – 6 Things You Should Know In How To Clean In Your Home. If you need any other home services like aircon cleaning, carpet cleaning, or disinfection cleaning services, feel free to contact us at 9186 9762!